Terms & Conditions
Booking Terms & Conditions:
We are not part of the DVSA but an independent company, which works on your behalf to book your test with DVSA and to apply any changes as and when required. The booking which book my theory test (called “the company”) make for you, will try to match your requested criteria as closely as possible. You can request amendments to the test booking via your account subject to the rules laid out by us & the DVSA.
1. For our customers to be eligible for our theory test pass protection scheme you are required to have done the following-
• Booked your theory test using our site.
• Scored no less than 41 out of 50 multiple choice questions in your exam.
• Provide us with the original failure sheet showing your results.
Providing you do so we will rebook your test completely free of charge. The pass protection does not apply to you failing the hazard perception test.
2. “the company” will email you, your test details once we have booked your test. “the company” cannot accept responsibility for non-delivery of emails for inaccurately entered information.
3. “the company” will also text your booking confirmation if you provide a mobile phone number and will send you a reminder as your test date approaches. ”the company” cannot accept responsibility for non-delivery of text for inaccurately entered information or due to any other issues beyond our control.
4. Bookings are made the same working day unless your payment is made after 8pm then your booking confirmation will be sent the following day. The booking fee you pay is fully inclusive of the DVSA test fee, and our fee which is inclusive of free re-tests, the administration of your account and all communications with you.
5. “the company” will try our best to book tests for you at time/test centre which suits you but please be aware that sometimes it may not possible due to unavailability of suitable time/test centre on DVSA. If there is no requested slot available on DVSA then “the company” will book using nearest matching available slot.
6. “the company” cannot take any responsibility of incorrect address provided by you on our website as it is solely used for finding nearest test centre. It’s your responsibility to choose appropriate test centre from the list provided on our website.
7. If you need to modify your booking just let us know what changes are required via your account and “the company” will update the DVSA booking system information for you only until five working days (Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays) prior to exam date. It is your responsibility to arrive on time for your test with the appropriate / required documentation.
The DVSA only allow changes and cancellations up to three working days (Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays) before the booked test but “the company” need five working days (Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays) for same. This means for example: to rearrange or cancel a booking for a Monday, “the company” must be informed by the previous Monday, only if there are no bank holidays in between. If there are bank holidays in between then you need to give notice earlier by adding bank holidays in notice period. It is important that if you want us to manage any changes for you that you give us sufficient time to process your request.
8. Any amendments to your test must be made via us; if you amend the booking with another site then you will no longer be eligible for the free re-tests.
9. If you fail your theory test you need to send the original failure sheet to “the company” so we can verify your actual scores. Please post this to our head office Driving Solutions, The Pinetree Centre, Durham Road, Birtley, DH3 2TD within 14 days. “The company” will not take any responsibilities whatsoever of loss of your failed certificate in the post or by you
10. You must log in your account that you have failed your test and enter the date/time you wish to take your re-sit.
11. If all conditions met “the company” will then provide you with a free re-test in accordance to terms. “The company” will try its best to book Re-tests for you at time/test centre which suits you but please be aware that sometimes it may not be possible due to unavailability of suitable time/test centre on DVSA. If there is no requested slot available on DVSA then “the company” will book using nearest matching available slot.
12. “the company” may in our absolute discretion accept or reject to rebook your theory test if “the company” suspect any tempering whatsoever with the original failure certificate or any other information provided to us by you.
13. “The company” will post your failure document back to you within 14 days of receipt. “The company” strongly recommend that you keep a photo copy of your certificate. “The company” do not take any responsibilities whatsoever of loss of your failed certificate in the post.
14. You cannot claim free retests if you fail to take the test for any reason or your results do not meet the above criteria.
15. You will not receive any unsolicited emails, texts or phone calls from our side as “the company” will never pass your details to any 3rd party other than the DVSA unless the data is shared by DVSA.
16. “The company” cannot be held responsible for consequences arising from you providing inaccurate information; it’s your responsibility to ensure that all details entered are accurate. It will be absolutely our discretion to accept or refuse return of admin fee in such a situation and “the company” will only refund DVSA booking fee of £23 and will retain our admin fee.
17. All payments are made via Pay Pal which means that your credit / debit card details are totally secure.
18. you must bring the following with you to your test:
• your valid signed GB (or Northern Ireland) photocard licence
• your old style valid signed GB (or Northern Ireland) paper driving licence and valid passport; (holders of non-UK passports should check that they are eligible to take a driving test here)
It is a legal requirement to produce your licence and photographic evidence. If you do not bring these items with you, or you are late for your test, you will not be allowed to sit your test and you will lose your fee.
Please turn up at the test centre 15 minutes before your appointment is due, so that you can check in.
General Terms & Conditions:
1. No warranties of any kind for any/all services and software provided by Book My Theory test (the company). They are on an “as is” basis and this does not affect your consumer statutory rights.
2. The website is the property of “the company” or its content suppliers and is protected by international copyright laws including all the content on this site, any text, graphics, logos, button icons, images and software.
3. “the company” may provide any notices of changes to its terms or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices to you, generally on the services provided by “the company”. “the company” may send notices to you via any of the medium either email, text messages or regular mail.
4. “the company” has no intention to monitor your online communications but “the company” reserves the right to edit/remove any content that it become aware of and determine to be harmful or offensive to the general public. The violation of any such rule may lead to termination or suspension of your account without any prior notice.
5. The integrity of “the company” system relies on proper use of email as a message passing media. Any use of the email system, directly or indirectly as a spamming tool, or other than it is intended, is strictly prohibited by law. The violation of any such rule may lead to termination or suspension of your account without any prior notice.
6. The publication of user names and passwords including the sharing of user accounts is not permitted on other web sites. “the company” reserves the right to immediately suspend the account of any user who is found to violate this rule without recourse to refund of any monies previously paid to “the company”.
7. “the company” will pursue legal procedures for any unlawful activities not otherwise covered above, including but not limited to, attempting to compromise the security of any networked account, a site or a country by the unlawful use of services of company.
Refund & Cancellation Policy:
1. “the company”will not be liable for any consequences or losses arising from circumstances beyond the control of “the company” such as telecommunications problems or data centre environment problems etc. or any other, which may lead to our site becoming unavailable for a period of time. All customers would be entitled to a full refund of our service charge only, excluding any monies passed to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) for a test booking as any such test would still stand who are unable to complete their requirements prior to their tests due to service unavailability
2. “the company” cannot be held responsible for consequences arising from you providing inaccurate information, It’s your responsibility to ensure that all details entered are accurate. It will be absolutely our discretion to accept or refuse return of admin fee in such a situation and “the company” will only refund DVSA booking fee of £23 and will retain our admin fee.
3. “the company” always give priority to refund and change requests within our bookings department. Any request for refund must be made within the cancellation period defined by the DVSA and with sufficient notice for us to process it. Kindly note only the DVSA part of your fee will be refunded if a refund is available from the DVSA and not the admin fee.
4. Once booking is made on DVSA, our admin fee will be non-refundable.
5. If you wish to cancel your booking “the company” will refund the total fee paid up until the time that “the company” have booked your test, thereafter our fees are non-refundable. Also “the company” will not issue you a refund in case you failed your test and qualify for free retest but do not wish to continue booking with us.